No events to show
No events to show
- 27 October 2012 20:00 @ Comedia, Cologne
- A day on circumcision in Cologne.:
- 13 October 2012 19:00 @ Stadthaus Böcklerpark, Berlin
- Benefit concert with Sister Fa, Jonny Strange, Mr. Reedoo, Daveman and many others: More information »
- 11 October 2012 14:00
- Sister Fa at the 1. Weltmädchentag at the Rathhaus Berlin Mitte. She will talk about Female Genital Cutting an her Project "Education without Cutting" to young students. She will also play a short acoustic set.:
- 24 August 2012 23:00 @ Lausanne, Switzerland
- Sister Fa & Band play at the 7ÈME FESTIVAL CINÉMAS D'AFRIQUE in Lausanne, Switzerland.: More information »
- 19 August 2012 20:00 @ Berlin, Synagoge Rykestrasse
- Sister Fa will feature the Yemen Blues Band at the Jüdische Kulturtage in Berlin.
The concert takes place at the Synagoge Rykestraße.: More information »
- 28 July 2012 18:45 @ Parkaue, Berlin-Lichtenberg
- Sister Fa & Band at the Fiesta de Solidaridad, organized by Cuba Si in the Parkaue at Berlin-Lichtenberg near Möllendorfstraße and metro station Frankfurter Allee: More information »
- 27 July 2012 21:00 @ Berlin, Werkstatt der Kulturen
- Sister Fa & Band playing at the "Die Nächte des Ramadan" festival at the Werkstatt der Kulturen. Wissmannstr. 32, 12049 Berlin.: More information »
- 19 May 2012 @ Dakar, Blue Note Club
- Seventh concert of our "Education sans Excision" Tour 2012 in Senegal:
- 16 May 2012 @ Senegal, Médina Yoro-Foula, CEM Médina Yoro-Foula
- Sixth concert of our "Education sans Excision" Tour 2012 in Senegal:
- 14 May 2012 @ Senegal, Kolda, Lycée Alpha Molo Baldé
- Fifth concert of our "Education sans Excision" Tour 2012 in Senegal:
- 12 May 2012 @ Senegal, Sédhiou, CEM Fode Kaba Dounbouya
- Fourth concert of our "Education sans Excision" Tour 2012 in Senegal:
- 11 May 2012 @ Senegal, Thionck Essyl, Terrain Municipal
- Third concert of our "Education sans Excision" Tour 2012 in Senegal:
- 09 May 2012 @ Senegal, Ziguinchor, CEM Boucotte Sud
- Second concert of our "Education sans Excision" Tour 2012 in Senegal.:
- 05 May 2012 @ Dakar, Ouakam, Terrain Diamalaye
- First concert of our "Education sans Excision" Tour 2012 in Senegal.:
- 08 March 2012 @ Eschborn, Germany
- Sister Fa & Ban play at the prize ceremony of an GIZ event in Eschborn Germany.:
- 06 February 2012 19:00 @ Union Chapel Bar, London
- An event we at Orchid Project have been eagerly anticipating for some time, is now confirmed.
Sister Fa the award winning Senegalese urban soul and hip hop artist will be performing live for the first time in the UK on February 6th at the Union Chapel Bar, close to Highbury and Islington Tube.
You are cordially invited to an evening of music and conversation to help celebrate with Sister Fa and Orchid Project the progress made to end Female Genital Cutting on the International Day of Zero Tolerance to FGC.
Doors will open at 7.00pm.
Capacity is limited so please buy your tickets early to avoid missing out.
Having recently won the Freedom to Create award Sister Fa has spent much of her musical career campaigning against FGC throughout Africa. This evening will be a fantastic opportunity to hear her music live and find out more about the innovative approach she takes in campaigning for the abandonment of FGC.
The night will include; music from Eliza Shaddad, a conversation between Sister Fa and the founder of Orchid Project Julia Lalla-Maharajh exploring Sister Fa’s use of music to end FGC, the exclusive screening of an excerpt from her recent film Sarabah, and will end with an acoustic set by Sister Fa and her band.: More information »
- 28 November 2011 17:00 @ New York, Manhattan
- Our first ever screening of SARABAH in NYC, with a special guest appearance by Sister Fa (in town for one week only). SARABAH is a documentary by Maria Luisa Gambale, Gloria Bremer and Steven Lawrence about the heroic rap activism of Sister Fa, Senegalese hip hop pioneer. The movie follow her in 2010 when she takes her anti-FGC message to her hometown of Thionck Essyl in southern Senegal, to stunning results.
To make it even more special, popular NYC band Timbila and Sister Fa will take the stage together, drawing from her repertoire and theirs. Sister Fa's music is a blend of Dakar hip hop and traditional Senegalese melodies and rhythms. TIMBILA blazes ecstatic African rock with an East Village edge, grooves that are deeply funky, fierce and danceable.
Admission is free. Screening will start at 7:15 sharp, so please be on time. Because of limited space, we need people to RSVP to make sure there's room for everyone who shows up.: More information »
- 01 November 2011 20:00 @ Thalia Dresden, Germany
- Screening of our Movie "Sarabah" and concert of Sister Fa & Band.: More information »
- 29 October 2011 17:00 @ Den Haag, Netherlands
- This October on the 29th the Africaday 2011 takes place! The day ends with a stunning musical performance of Sister Fa.:
- 22 October 2011 16:30 @ Newfoundland, Canada
- Dear all, our movie "Sarabah" will be screened at the St. John's International Women's Film Festival at Newfoundland, Canada (http://www.womensfilmfestival.com/). I will be there to attend the festival and to play a concert with my band. Thats absolutely amazing for us.
“To now have Sister Fa on her way to St. John’s to play a show in conjunction with her screening is far, far beyond anything I even thought possible for the festival. We’re all just blown away,” said Kelly Davis, the festival’s executive director in "The Weekend Telegram" Magazine.: More information »
- 02 September 2011 @ Sosnowiec, Poland
- Sister Fa & Band and many others play at the World Fusion Music Festival in Sosnowiec, Poland.: More information »
- 27 August 2011 15:30 @ Berlin
- Sister Fa & Band play at the Stadtfest at the Rüdesheimerplatz in Berlin.:
- 11 August 2011 18:00 @ Galerie im Saalbau Karl-Marx-Straße 141, 12043 Berlin
- Rappen gegen ein Tabu
Begegnung mit Fatou Diatta (Sister Fa)
Gesprächsführung: Johanna Richter, Kulturwissenschaftlerin, Ciné Débat
Filmvorführung: „Education sans Excision“ ein Film von Lukas May (m.d.UT)
Eine Begleitveranstaltung zur Ausstellung: Die Hälfte des Himmels - 99 Frauen und du, die bis zum 14. August 2011 in der Galerie im Saalbau gezeigt wird.: More information »
- 17 July 2011 22:30 @ Cassiopeia Club, Berlin
- Sonntag laden wir zur großen "Frauen am Ball" Abschiedsparty mit Sister Fa & Band live on stage, DJ Zhao, Marflix und anderen. Eintritt ist selbstveständlich frei.: More information »
- 25 June 2011
- Lichtblickfestival @ Yaam Berlin
Sister Fa & Band, Nneka and many others.: More information »
- 29 May 2011 15:00 @ Kulturbrauerei, Berlin
- Sister Fa and Band play at the "Fest der Linken" organised by the political Party Die Linke.
: More information »
- 21 May 2011 @ Kesselhaus, Berlin
- Sister Fa & Band will play at DIE PARTY at the Kesselhaus in Berlin.
The event is presented by go-out studieren weltweit and the DAAD.
Rotfront from Berlin will play aswell.
The entry starts at 7 pm.
Tickets @ www.reservix.de/gooutdieparty
: More information »
- 04 December 2010 @ Berlin
- Markt der Kontinente im Ethnologischen Museum Dahlem: More information »
- 04 September 2010 19:00 @ Neuruppin
- Museumshof: More information »
- 31 July 2010 20:30 @ Würzburg
- Hafensommer Würzburg: More information »
- 10 July 2010 19:00 @ Villach
- World Music Villach „Africa“: More information »
- 09 July 2010 20:30 @ Moorbach bei Wien
- Kasumama Festival: More information »
- 26 June 2010 @ Freistadt
- Salzhof: More information »
- 25 June 2010 @ Wien
- Strandbar Hermann: More information »
- 05 June 2010 20:15 @ Osnabrück
- Afrikamie Festival: More information »
- 29 May 2010 20:00 @ Greifswald
- Welcome Party International Students Festival: More information »
- 23 May 2010 18:00 @ Bielefeld
- Weltnacht Festival: More information »